Saturday, January 8, 2011

bouncing around

the pool of funds for the challenge has grown to  be quite a large sum, so large that i'm having visions of new furniture floating in my head. uuuummmm, sectional or separate sofa? loveseat or chair? or 2 chairs? leather or microfiber?

i have been very good so far, as eating goes. i need to exercise regularly again. i have arthritis in my knees so walking and a lot of other types of exercise are out. i asked my husband's cousin who is a physical therapist for advice on exercise. she said all i needed to do was bounce on a balance ball for five minutes. it sounded so simple. since it's done in a sitting position, it would relieve the pressure from my knees.

i bought the right size ball, pumped it up and sat down on the ball. i bounced... for 45 seconds, and then i was so winded i had to stop. 5 minutes? NO WAY? once i fell back and while my head hit the wood floors, i wasn't hurt. luckily my ponytail caught most of the blow.

but i kept at it, starting at 30 seconds twice a day. eventually i built up my endurance to 7 minutes. somehow, and i don't remember the reason, i stopped. now i have another ball. but i haven't used it yet. i guess i need to start again. i have some light hand weights i used when i was on the ball, hoping to shrink my guns  angel wings.

i think i will start back with the ball. tomorrow.

0 comments: